- Jewelry – A century old cliché states – ‘diamonds are a woman’s best friends’. Well, you may not want to spoil your lady too much with diamonds, but yes, jewellery still makes for a pleasantly surprising birthday present. You could get her silver jewellery with gemstones to add to her existing shine. It could be a ring, a bracelet, or a whole set, it doesn’t matter; what matters is that you took the effort to get her something she would adore.
- Literary Classics – If your woman is a bibliophile with a keen interest in good literature, then you could get her a set of Jane Austen’s finest, or perhaps Shakespeare’s original works. Better yet, you could have her swooning by reciting one of her favourite poems from her favourite poet. Gift her a customised leather-clad book of her favourite poems, and see her blush as you recite one for her.
- A Spa Treat – Book her an appointment at her favourite spa and get her a full-body massage that will leave her refreshed and rejuvenated. Seeing how she handles a thousand responsibilities through the day, it is only fitting that she gets such a luxurious reward, isn’t it? You could add a pedicure and a manicure to spoil her more.
- Flowers and Chocolates – No list is complete without mentioning this quintessential gift combination. A bouquet of her favourite flowers and a box of delectable chocolates are all that are required to make her feel that her birthday is indeed a day for celebration!
- Gadgets or Electronics – If she loves working on-the-go, you could get her the latest tablet. If she’s a book lover, then maybe a Kindle, with her favourite books preloaded, will be a good surprise. Or perhaps a better music system will do for her to unwind to her favourite songs, after a long day at work. Maybe a foot massage will help her feet to relax after wearing those pointed heels all day!
- A Pet – This may seem a bit of commitment, but if you are sure you both can handle the added responsibility, then a pet is a good way of saying that you never want her to feel lonely. It could be a pup or a kitten, or if you think she’ll be okay with a ball of fluff running around the house, then a rabbit!
Whatever you choose, make sure that you are there to record her moment of surprise, as she unwraps the gift.